Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Laissez les bon temps rouler

Not to taunt or anything, but I'm off to Nawlins for three days of the Jazz & Heritage Festival.

I hope I make my 5:45 am flight.

I will eat crawfish, étouffée, and pretty much whatever else is placed in front of me. I will get my haircut at that barbershop in the Quarter (if he's still open), and see scads of good music performances, including Eddie Bo, Dr. John, Van Morrison or Lucinda Williams (flip a coin, they are playing at the same damn time), Rod Stewart or Nora Jones (same damn "problem"), Calexico (yessss), Bonnie Raitt or Jill Scott (again, overlapping), Jerry Lee Lewis or Gillian Welch (same deal), some of the Nevilles and dozens of other acts. On Sunday morning, I will be at the Gospel tent in a futile attempt to let Jesus back into my heart.

I have my straw boater to protect my noggin from the sun (weather forecast: low to mid 80s, no rain), some SPF 50, and a pocket full of dead presidents.

I'll try and report when I return, if I return.

No comments: